The Network for Canadian Oral Health Research (NCOHR) is seeking Expressions of Interest from individuals interested in joining a working group in the area of oral health research.
NCOHR offers resources to encourage oral health researchers across Canada to collaborate and communicate with one another, and with our clinical colleagues. We envision that innovative and collaborative oral health research partnerships will make a difference in the health of Canadians.
NCOHR is planning to create six working groups to support the strategic goals and priorities of the network. Two of the planned working groups (knowledge and innovation exchange) will interface with the four population-specific working groups. The groups will assemble researchers, clinicians, patients, and stakeholders who share an interest in the following areas:
- Aging & Well-being
- Pediatrics & Growing Healthy
- Aboriginal Health
- Complex Diseases
- Knowledge Exchange
- Innovation Exchange
The mandate of each working group is to represent their strategic sector including the voice and needs of patients and to give advice on:
- The long-range strategy of NCOHR for achieving its’ mission to promote oral health research and science education;
- To gather and exchange clinical, scientific and technological information about all the facets of oral health research from cell to society;
- The scientific achievements of current NCOHR programs, including the proposal of new ideas to foster talent development, sustain innovation and improve the health of Canadians across the four CIHR pillars;
- Other matters concerning scientific programs and performance upon which the director and executive committee members request advice and recommendations.
Each group will meet virtually three times a year to share information with its’ members and to share information with their respective oral health organizations and communities. Members will also be involved in organizing periodic presentations, seminars and other events to bring the oral health community together to spark communications and foster new collaborative initiatives.
Each group will consist of 5-6 members. One of the members will act as the Chair. Verbal and written activity reports will be presented to the Steering Committee on an annual basis.
Members will not be compensated; however, travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with CIHR travel policy reimbursement guidelines.
Candidates are required to demonstrate their understanding of the importance of oral health research and ability to work collaboratively in and with a group. Applicants are asked to submit an Expression of Interest letter (that includes a statement of the applicant’s relevant experience, expertise, previous participation in NCOHR activities, vision for the working group and potential strategies to enable moving towards that vision), and a recent Curriculum Vitae.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by March 30, 2017 (new deadline).